Τρίτη 21 Νοεμβρίου 2017

To the participants of the 35th Annual Conference of the HELLENIC-CANADIAN CONGRESS

Dear Compatriots,

Dear Philhellenes,

In classical Greece, Philhellene was the patriot, the one who loves Hellas. I love Hellas, the world, people all over the world. This is my history, my life.

I resort to this written message to you because both you and me are deprived today of something that is sanctum to the Greeks. Speech, oral speech, the direct conversation, the operation of the Agora, the Ecclesia of Dimos, the concept of the Polis-City. A concept we offered to humanity. In that way we civilized humanity.

However, the following question arises. Who are these faceless who fear the expression in the Montreal of Canada of the Hellenic Intellectuality, the Hellenic speech, the Greek truth when the world community is in need of it today and returns to the Greek speech. This is what the most cultured parts of it do. I am sure that these interlocutors of ours are in Canada too. I come across such individuals in other serious countries as well. 

But let's not pay any attention or attribute any importance and value to the insecurity, guile, ephemerality, the impotence of a bunch of domestic and external groups - mechanisms that prevented our communication, our face-to-face conversation today. A sanctuary for the Greek institution, as I mentioned previously.

By their nature these groups are recondite, transient, instant, while we are characterized by continuity, duration, light.

You will probably know that on many issues inside and outside Greece, history was on my side, history proved me right. Both in my scientific and political assumptions & forecasts. Under this token some of my state persecutors, neighbors of yours today, are ashamed and held accountable.

It is difficult for me to accept, to understand that Canada, the State, the Republic of Canada will operate at a level of worthlessness. That it would accept to question its prestige and solemnity as a state. That it will cope by the international stigma of the country that abolishes Speech. You ought to tell them, teach them that even the Gospel begin with the phrase "In the beginning was the Word(Speech) ".

Rationale and a high level of Civilization entails that in the coming months we will have the pleasure of our human, intellectual and political congregation and conversation.

We will soon be together.

Canada and Greece, as far as I know, belong to the sphere of ​​civilization rather than of barbarity.

At my scheduled speech I wanted to tell you a lot; I would not limit myself to the issue of Makedonianity - Hellenism - Universalism which by its nature requires a holistic, decathlonean approach. It is a rich subject; everyone would be taught by it, both Greeks and non-Greeks.

We do not cancel but temporarily postpone its development.

My suggestion in my speech would be that of the creation by the Greek Canadian Congress of a GREEK-CANADIAN ACADEMY, which will be a Hellenic and ecumenical tribune of Speech. The word "Academy" means a lot to us.

I would like to talk to you in this modern Academy soon, regarding the following subject:

Globalization and Hellenism in the 21st century.

What should Greece do in the Peninsula of Haemus, in the Balkans, Asia Minor. To emerge, to be present as the MORAL POWER.

For decades now, I have defended the Truth in the Peninsula of Haemus. What I am saying is that "Makedonianity is Hellenism and Hellenism is indigenous. Non-Hellenism is not indigenous. " I add that under the claim of Makedonianity in Skopje, there are in society people with a Greek historical background. There are populations that for many reasons have been cut off from the Greek national body and today they want to reunite. As there are populations not only in Skopje but throughout the Peninsula of the Haemus who want to participate in our Paedeia-Education; to be Greeks.

What have I been defending for decades in Asia Minor, where historical evolution proved me right? I have to add and state «I never scamped regarding Asia Minor and Mesopotamia. Others did scamp». I think I am clear.

So, what do I defend? The return of Humanism to Asia Minor. Both Cicero and Bessarion from Trapezounta, considered Asia Minor a place, a land of humanism.

These are our noble expectations, our humanitarian values.

History and right are on our side.


Michalis Charalambidis
Aexoni - Glyfada - Attica - Greece
November 11, 2017